M.S. Geological Engineering
Integrity in Infrastructure
Combine geology and engineering as a geological engineer and assist in the design and construction of civil engineering projects, the evaluation of geologic hazards and the development of natural energy resources to help ensure that the infrastructure that makes our nation function stands firm.
- Personalized Attention From Highly-Skilled Faculty – Work directly with faculty through small class sizes, 1-on-1 interaction, mentorship and advising. All faculty hold Ph.D. degrees and are licensed Professional Engineers.
- Highest Early- and Mid-Career Salary – Graduate with the highest early- and mid-career salary of any 4-year public institution in Idaho.
- More Scholarships – U of I Awards more than $25 million in scholarships each year, more than any other Idaho public college.
- Hands-On Experience, Guaranteed - ALL U of I College of Engineering students participate in hands-on experiences, through paid graduate assistantships and programs, including Idaho Space Grant Consortium Fellowships, mentor-directed, career-related programs that contributes to NASA’s mission of exploration and discovery.
- National Institute for Advanced Transportation Technology – Conduct research with faculty in one of the region’s leading transportation institutes, reducing the environmental impacts of transportation-related operations and improving the durability and sustainability of the nation’s transportation infrastructure.