Become an SI-PASS Leader
Tutoring & College Success (TCS) is always looking for excellent students to be SI-PASS Leaders. SI-PASS Leaders help students in difficult courses by guiding students through activities to master the course material and develop effective study strategies that can be applied to all courses. SI-PASS Leaders are knowledgeable in their subject area, learn how to facilitate group study sessions, and enjoy helping students succeed.
We are now accepting applications for Spring 2022! Our applications are in Handshake for general and work study eligible students. If you do not have an account in Handshake, you will need to create one before you can apply. Application priority deadline for Spring 2022 is Friday, Nov. 5 and the application closes on Wednesday, Dec. 1.
For questions about the application process, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Any student who took an SI-PASS supported course at U of I and received an A or high B can be an SI-PASS Leader. If you enjoy working with people, helping students build their knowledge, and are comfortable receiving feedback and using it to improve your skills, we want to hear from you. TCS primarily hires current students for SI-PASS Leader positions, but occasionally non-students are considered.
- Flexible hours
- Better understand course material
- Improve learning and communication skills
- Excellent addition to resume, scholarship or job application
- Gain experience facilitating a group
- Build better relationships with faculty members
- Competitive wages
- Increase leadership and professional skills
- Help students build knowledge and understanding of difficult concepts
The courses supported by SI-PASS can change from semester to semester based on course offerings. You can find our current list of supported courses here.
SI-PASS Leaders must:
- Have taken an SI-PASS supported course at U of I and received an A or high B.
- Provide professional references
- Communicate effectively
- Complete SI-PASS Leader training