Become an SI-PASS Leader
Tutoring & College Success (TCS) is always looking for excellent students to be SI-PASS Leaders. SI-PASS Leaders help students in difficult courses by guiding students through activities to master the course material and develop effective study strategies that can be applied to all courses. SI-PASS Leaders are knowledgeable in their subject area, enjoy providing academic support for groups of students, gain valuable leadership and communication skills, and develop partnerships with University of Idaho faculty and staff.
We are now accepting applications for Fall 2022! Our applications are in Handshake for general and work study eligible students. If you do not have an account in Handshake, you will need to create one before you can apply. We are looking for students to support the following courses:
- CS 120
- PHYS 211
Interviews are ongoing and application closes Tuesday, May 31.
For questions about the application process, email email@example.com.
Any student who took an SI-PASS supported course at U of I and received an A or high B can be an SI-PASS Leader. If you enjoy working with people, helping students build their knowledge, and are comfortable receiving feedback and using it to improve your skills, we want to hear from you. TCS primarily hires current students for SI-PASS Leader positions, but occasionally non-students are considered.
- Flexible hours
- Better understand course material
- Improve learning and communication skills
- Excellent addition to resume, scholarship or job application
- Gain experience facilitating a group
- Build better relationships with faculty members
- Competitive wages
- Increase leadership and professional skills
- Help students build knowledge and understanding of difficult concepts
The courses supported by SI-PASS can change from semester to semester based on course offerings. You can find our current list of supported courses here.
SI-PASS Leaders must:
- Have taken an SI-PASS supported course at U of I and received an A or high B.
- Provide professional references
- Communicate effectively
- Complete SI-PASS Leader training