Become an SI-PASS Leader
Tutoring and College Success (TCS) is always looking for excellent students to be SI-PASS Leaders. SI-PASS Leaders help students in difficult courses by guiding students through activities to master the course material and develop effective study strategies that can be applied to all courses. SI-PASS Leaders are knowledgeable in their subject area, enjoy providing academic support for groups of students, gain valuable leadership and communication skills and develop partnerships with University of Idaho employees.We are currently searching for a BIOL 115 SI-PASS Leader for Fall 2023. If interested, search for "SI-PASS" on Handshake and apply by July 30th.
For questions about the application process, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Any student who took an SI-PASS supported course at U of I and received an A or high B can be an SI-PASS Leader. If you enjoy working with people, helping students build their knowledge, and are comfortable receiving feedback and using it to improve your skills, we want to hear from you. TCS primarily hires current students for SI-PASS Leader positions, but occasionally non-students are considered.
- Consistent weekly schedule
- Deepen understanding of course material
- Increase leadership, communication and professional skills
- Gain experience facilitating groups
- Build relationships with faculty members
- Excellent addition to resume, scholarship or job application
- Competitive wages
The courses supported by SI-PASS can change from semester to semester based on course offerings. You can find our current list of supported courses here.
SI-PASS Leaders must:
- Have taken an SI-PASS supported course at U of I and received an A or high B.
- Provide professional references
- Communicate effectively
- Complete SI-PASS Leader training