Become an SI Leader
Tutoring & College Success (TCS) is always looking for good students to be SI Leaders. SI Leaders help students in difficult courses learn the material using good study strategies which students can use in their future courses a well.
Our Fall 2019 Application is now open! Hiring for the Fall 2019 semester will continue on a rolling basis but most positions will be filled before May 10, 2019, so we encourage interested parties to apply as early as possible.
Any student who took an SI supported course at U of I and received an A or high B can be an SI Leader. If you enjoy working with people, helping students build their knowledge, and are comfortable receiving feedback and using it to improve your skills, we want to hear from you. TCS primarily hires current students for SI Leader positions, but occasionally non-students are considered.
- Flexible hours
- Better understand course material
- Improve learning and communication skills
- Excellent addition to resume, scholarship or job application
- Gain experience facilitating a group
- Build better relationships with faculty members
- Competitive wages
- Increase leadership and professional skills
- Help students build knowledge and understanding of difficult concepts
We are still working on finalizing our list of supported course for the Fall 2019 semester. You can find our current list of supported courses here.
SI Leaders must:
- Have taken an SI supported course at U of I and received an A or high B.
- Provide professional references
- Communicate effectively
- Complete SI Leader training