Instructors and department- or college-level VandalWeb users can enter overrides for their class offerings to allow students registration privileges. A department- or college-level user is granted access to all classes offered through their department or college whereas an instructor has access to the classes he or she is teaching.
How to Enter a Registration Override
- Login to VandalWeb
- Select Faculty & Advisors Menu
- Select Student Menu
- Select Registration Overrides
- Select semester for override from drop-down and click Submit button
- Enter Student or Advisee ID or search by name (search results require the student to be your advisee or enrolled in at least one class you are teaching)
- Confirm selection and click Submit button
- Select appropriate Override option from drop-down list:
- Override ALL Restrictions — to override all restrictions encountered and allow individual student to register. Note: this will by-pass the wait list and allow registration whereas overriding only a prerequisite, major restriction, or permission required restriction will not allow registration on a class at capacity.
- Class Standing Restriction — to override the restriction that allows only a certain classification of student (freshmen, sophomore, junior, senior) to enroll in class.
- Co-requisite Override — to override the required co-requisite of a class to allow the individual student to register.
- Exceed Enrollment Limit — to override the maximum enrollment limit set on the class to allow individual student to register. Note: be sure that there is space in the room to accommodate additional students.
- Major Restriction — to override the restriction that allows only students in a specific major to enroll in class.
- Permission Required for Enrl — to confirm instructor or department approval for enrollment; only students who are cleared can register for these controlled classes.
- Prerequisite Override — to override the prerequisites of class to allow individual student to register.
- Allow Enrlmnt from Wait List — to override wait list status to allow individual student to register.
- Select appropriate class section requiring override for registration and click Submit button
- Confirm override information and click Submit button
- Notify the student that he or she is now eligible to register for the class through VandalWeb