Take Action



Assistantships usually require students to work as teaching assistants (TAs), research assistants (RAs) and assistants to professors within their department or field of study. The amount awarded will vary depending on the funds that support them. (Research positions are typically paid through grants while teaching positions are usually paid through state funds.) TAs are considered members of the faculty. Teaching positions often involve teaching first-year, 101-level courses. Students in research positions usually work as RAs assisting in laboratory work. All non-Idaho University of Idaho assistants receive an out-of-state tuition waiver based on the percentage of their assistantship. 

Check with your department of interest for available assistantship opportunities.