Thesis and Dissertation Resources
Dissertation/Thesis Support Group
Faculty member Dr. Ben Ridenhour and Dir. of Grad Student Support Programs, Kate Strum, will continue to facilitate a weekly dissertation support group aimed at candidate level doctoral students (though others are VERY welcome to attend, including those working on a thesis). The weekly meetings will involved goal-setting, trouble-shooting, and peer and faculty support activities. Get your dissertation finished with the support of your community and graduate!
Thursdays: 2 - 3 p.m.
Zoom at: https://uidaho.zoom.us/j/602902912
You will find all you need to know about starting and completing your thesis or dissertation right here using ETD (Electronic submission of Dissertations and Theses).
- This 8 minute video will help you learn how to use ETD to submit your thesis or dissertation
- This Proquest Tutorial Video: The Student Submission Process may also be of assistance
- Create your ETD account
- General ETD Help from Proquest
- Thesis & Dissertation Handbook (PDF)
- Video about Common Formatting Problems and Other T & D Issues
- Example of a thesis prepared using Word
- Microsoft Word Templates
- Interested in using LaTeX? Below you will find a perfectly formatted thesis template. Need help understanding LaTex or need the software? LaTeX for Beginners
- LaTeX Templates
- Download One (courtesy of Matthew Singer, Ph.D.)
- Download Two (courtesy of Christopher Goes, Spring 2017 M.S. Computer Science Graduate)
- Download Three (courtesy of Cara Leatherman, Spring 2016 M.S. Statistics Graduate)
- LaTeX users may need a particular cls file to use these templates. If so, download the UIdahoMastersThesis file.
- Note: COGS at this time is unable to provide any troubleshooting support or tutorials on LaTeX. Please use only if you are knowledgeable and familiar with the program.
- Writing Assistance Services
- Format Review Services
- Survey of Earned Doctorates (for Ph.D. students only)
- University Repository Agreement Form (PDF)
- Dates and Deadlines
- Sign up with ORCID (take 5 minutes to establish your academic identity)
- U of I Theses and Dissertations, 2013-present
- Data and Digital Services Workshops
- Open Access, Scholarly Communication, and Copyright LibGuide
- Statistical Center