Individual Development Plans
An Individual Development Plan (IDP) is a very useful career exploration tool that helps graduate students and postdoctoral researchers:
- Assess current skills, interests and strengths
- Make a plan for developing skills to meet academic and professional goals
- Communicate with supervisors, advisors and mentors about changing goals and related skills
The IDP is a dynamic document to be revisited again and again, be updated & refined as goals change & come into focus and to record progress & accomplishments. The resources below are designed to support individuals to develop IDPs.
- Science Technology Engineering & Mathematics (STEM) — myIDP (https://myidp.sciencecareers.org/)
- Humanities and Social Sciences — Imagine PhD (https://www.imaginephd.com/)