Advising & Learning Outcomes
Students will be assigned an advisor upon declaring themselves as a School of Global Studies major. Students may find out who their advisor is by checking their degree audit or by contacting the School of Global Studies office — Room 335, Administration Building, 208-885-6179 or email@example.com.
- Schedule regular appointments (minimum of one appointment each semester: MANDATORY)
- Gather all necessary information and questions prior to meeting
- Discuss any problems that impact academic performance
- Know where to access accurate information about requirements, policies and procedures
- Keep a personal record of your progress toward your degree (degree plan)
In order to ensure effective teaching and learning, the University of Idaho has implemented a series of learning outcomes that broadly describe the expected consequences of learning and correspond to the desired traits of an educated person.
The School of Global Studies has further developed these outcomes to reflect the desired goals and consequences of its programs and courses. Read more about the U of I Learning Outcomes, Program in International Studies Outcomes and French, Latin American Studies, MLBO, and Spanish Learning Outcomes.