Research and Creative Activities
The faculty of the College of Letters, Arts and Social Sciences (CLASS) includes renowned scholars who are nationally and internationally recognized for their expertise, research and creative works. Their activities range from creative and professional writing, to theatrical and musical performance, to archival, field and laboratory research.
Professors also often involve students in their research programs and creative activities, giving students uncommon opportunities to contribute to groundbreaking discoveries and award-winning creative works.
CLASS Scholarship Forward Friday -(Rescheduled to Spring 24- Stay Tuned)
9 a.m. - 4:30 p.m. Friday, November 10, Aurora/Horizon Rooms, ISUB
9:00 a.m. - Brief Research Presentations
- Associate Professor Casey Johnson - Illocutionary force and uptake.
- Assistant Professor Alyson Roy - Empire of Images: Visualizing the Conquered in the Roman Republic
- Assistant Professor Matt Grindal - The Impact of Ethnic-Racial Socialization and Ethnic-Racial Identity on the Political, Psychological, and Behavioral Outcomes of White Young Adults: A Retrospective Analysis from a National Sample.
- Postdoctoral Fellow Eulalia Gallegos Buitron - Negotiating and Attaining School Success: The Experience of Mexican Im/migrant Students in Rural Idaho.
- Assistant Professor Dawn Sweet - Perceptions of movement patterns and concealment detection in naïve observers and law enforcement officers: A Lens Model analysis.
10:30 a.m. - Writing & Publishing Panel
- Facilitated by Dean Sean Quinlan
- Panelists: Professor Ken Locke, Associate Professor and Chair of English Department Tara MacDonald, & Professor and Chair of Theatre Arts Robert Caisley
11:30 a.m. - Grant Writing in Arts & Humanities
- Facilitated by ORED Vice President Chris Nomura
Panelists: Professor and Director of School of Global Studies Halverson, Associate Professor Stevens, Associate Professor and Chair of History Department Scoffield
12:30 p.m. - Lunch Provided (Hearty Soup)
- Please click link to RSVP
- Office of Research and Faculty Development – Senior Director Carly Cummings
Office of Undergraduate Research – Associate Professor Waynant
2:30 p.m. - CLASS Scholarship and Writing Support Programs
3:30 p.m. - Afternoon Tea to Celebrate the Published
- Join us for tea and scones as we celebrate the recent publication successes of our colleagues across CLASS.