Psychology (B.A., B.S.)
Exploring the Human Psyche
Why do we do the things we do? Find out by exploring the psychology of the human mind and its role in behavior, relationships and development while pursuing your psychology degree either on campus or online. Participate in research studies to prepare for your career in counseling, social work, human resources and much more.
- The Department of Psychology and Communication offers one of the University of Idaho’s most popular bachelor’s degree programs with over 500 students. Department faculty members are actively engaged in leading psychological research.
- Earn your two-year associates degree from a partner institution, complete two more years at the U of I and earn your bachelor’s degree with our 2+2 program on campus and online, with all full-time online students paying in-state tuition.
- With a diverse set of courses and three separate degree options, psychology majors have the flexibility to explore psychology topics that most interest them.
- Psychology majors have the opportunity to participate in a variety of research projects happening on campus and have the opportunity to contribute to faculty and graduate student research projects.
- The psychology program manages a number of laboratories, many of which contain state-of-the-art technology, including cockpit and driving simulators, eye movement monitors and virtual reality simulators.
- Also available as a minor in psychology.