Application to Second Year
The BIAD is a four-year CIDA accredited degree. The second year review process takes place between the first and second years to ensure that students are prepared to advance in the curriculum.
Thursday, May 14, 2020 at 4 p.m.
- Successfully completed IAD, ARCH and ART courses required for first-year sequence
- Earned a grade of C or higher in IAD first-year studios
- Successfully completed a minimum of 24 credit hours by the end of the first year
- Earned a minimum institutional 2.5 GPA
- Complete the form below.
- A portfolio is not required for admission to second year.
- You may include a one-page personal statement to explain any exceptional circumstances to be considered by the committee.
- You will be notified of your results via your U of I email address in early June.
Please note the following
Registering for second year studios: You will not be able to enroll for Arch 253 until you have been admitted into the second-year professional program. In order to satisfy financial aid requirements for full‐time status, it is recommended that you register for additional coursework to fulfill the number of credits required and change the courses once admitted to the second year.
Bootcamp: Students planning to participate in Summer Design Boot Camp between first and second year should indicate their intent to do so on the application form, submit this application in May, and submit a third-year application and portfolio by August (last week of Design Boot Camp). Admission reviews will be done shortly after and notification sent to students before the second week of August.
Computer requirement: Please note that students are required to have their own computers in the studio starting with the second-year professional program. Check the university catalog for further details on completing your Interior Architecture & Design degree.
You may need to scroll up to see error and submission confirmation messages.