NJROTC Pathways to STEM Program
Application Process is open through December 31, 2020
A Pilot Program to provide a Navy commissioning (ROTC) opportunity for highly motivated and exceptional NJROTC cadets. The University of Idaho NJROTC Pathways to STEM Program prepares Midshipmen-Candidates to succeed in the Naval ROTC curriculum.
The University of Idaho (U of I) will provide tuition, fees, $5000 towards room and board allowance for a one-year NROTC preparation program as Midshipmen Candidates. Provided the candidates meet criteria listed below, they will be awarded a National NROTC scholarship to the U of I at the conclusion of their first year. This NROTC scholarship will provide up to four additional years of tuition and fees to attend U of I. During the four years of NROTC at U of I, the university will provide for $5000 towards room and board.
- Science, technology, engineering or math major (26 majors available)
- Maintain greater than 2.8 minimum GPA
- Pass Navy’s Physical Fitness Assessment once a semester with a score of “Good Low” or higher
- Maintain good standing* within the ROTC unit
- Live in University of Idaho provided housing
- Receive a favorable endorsement from the Professor of Naval Science and the College of your declared STEM major at the conclusion of year one as a Midshipman Candidate
- Meet Department of Defense minimum standards for physical qualifications for commissioned officers
- Must be a U.S. citizen
- If emailing the application, use DoD Safe (https://safe.apps.mil) for CAC users or NROTC@uidaho.edu with password protected files for non-CAC users.
*Good standing is defined as maintaining academic and physical requirements per NSTC 1533.2C - Regulations for Officer Development