Receiving Your Aid
Financial aid is first applied toward University of Idaho charges. If financial aid doesn't cover all university charges, view Student Accounts for payment options.
Note: Student Accounts is in charge of residual checks and direct deposit, not Student Financial Aid Services.
Financial Aid Availability Fall 2021
Students Enrolled for Direct Deposit
Residual financial aid funds remaining after your bill is paid will be direct deposited to your bank weekly beginning August 19, 2021. Funds are typically available in your bank account within 1-5 days depending on bank processing time. Emails are sent when funds are released to your bank.
If financial aid covers all fees, tuition, room and board and there are remaining (residual) funds, these residual funds will be direct deposited to your specified savings or checking account. If you have not signed up for direct deposit, we encourage you to do so through VandalWeb. It is particularly important for students who are not on the Moscow campus (those at off-campus sites, on national student exchange or study abroad).
Students Not Enrolled for Direct Deposit
Residual financial aid checks will be mailed to the student. To update your mailing address for checks:
1. Go to the “Personal Information” tab in VandalWeb;
2. Click “Update Address(es) and Phone(s);”
3. Review the list of addresses to see if you have a refund address set up.
If your refund address is listed,
- Review it and update, if needed.
- To update, click on “Current” within the refund address section and update as needed.
If your refund address is not listed, click “Type of Address to Insert” at the bottom of the page.
- Click on “Select” and pick “Refund Address” from the drop-down menu, and
- Enter your preferred refund address.
Checks should not be mailed to the Student Accounts Office.
Contact Student Accounts at firstname.lastname@example.org or 208-885-7447 if you have questions about setting up direct deposit or your refund address.