Lemon steamed halibut
- 6 (6-ounce) halibut fillets
- 1 Tablespoon dried dill weed
- 1 Tablespoon onion powder
- 2 teaspoons dried parsley
- 1/4 teaspoon paprika
- 1 pinch seasoned salt, or more to taste
- 1 pinch lemon pepper
- 1 pinch garlic powder
- 2 Tablespoons lemon juice
Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
Cut 6 foil squares large enough for each fillet.
Center fillets on the foil squares and sprinkle each with dill weed, onion powder, parsley, paprika, seasoned salt, lemon pepper and garlic powder. Sprinkle lemon juice over each fillet. Fold foil over fillets to make a pocket and fold the edges to seal. Place sealed packets on a baking sheet.
Bake in the preheated oven until fish flakes easily with a fork, about 30 minutes.
Prep time: 15 minutes | Cook time: 30 minutes | Yield: 6 servings
Safe Handling Tips
- Purchase seafood right before checking out at the supermarket
- If seafood will not be refrigerated within 30 minutes, put it in a cooler
- Use seafood within 36 hours of purchase or freeze immediately
- Use defrosted seafood within 36 hours
- Thaw frozen seafood in the refrigerator — never at room temperature
- Allow one day for seafood to defrost in refrigerator
- Always wash hands before and after handling seafood
- Use separate knives and cutting boards
- For more tips on selecting, buying, handling, storing and cooking seafood