Administration building, Room 202, Madison County
University of Idaho Extension, Madison County
134 E Main St., Ste. 202
Rexburg, ID 83440
Lance offers programs and classes that focus on financial literacy, 4-H youth development and food safety. He is the department chair for University of Idaho Extension in Madison County.
MBA, Western New Mexico University, 2017
B.A., Utah State University, 2004
- Financial literacy
- Retirement education
- Health insurance and Medicare
- Youth financial literacy
- Food safety
- 4-H youth development
- Statewide trainings help Idahoans realize the benefits of cooking at home
- Homeowners learn winterization techniques for their landscape
- Mealtime inspirations provides new ideas to save time and money
- Farm stress management skills for Idaho agriculture producers
- Mealtime Inspirations improves participant knowledge and projected behaviors
- Youth cooking program builds knowledge and instills confidence in participants
Lance grew up in Rupert, Idaho; after high school, he attended Utah State University and received a bachelor’s degree in family and consumer sciences, emphasizing family finance in 2004. That same year he got married and started working for the Idaho Department of Health and Welfare in Pocatello, where he worked for 14 years. In 2016 he was accepted into a master’s program at Western New Mexico University and earned his MBA in August 2018.
Lance became an Extension educator in December 2018 and has focused on creating research-based programs based on the needs expressed by his local advisory committee. His programs cover adult and youth financial literacy, 4-H youth development, nutrition and food safety. Two programs to highlight are Cooking Under Pressure for Youth, which has gained he and his team national and regional recognition and Employment Feud. Lance covers a range of other topics from farm management, farm stress management (suicide awareness), health insurance, Medicare and retirement planning, to name a few. He serves on several district, state, university and regional committees. Lance recently published his first university bulletin, “Being Financially Aware When Divorce Occurs: An Idaho Guide.” Lance is always willing to step up and get things done.
- Greenwood Frysinger Award. National Extension Association of Family and Consumer Sciences, Second Place National, and Western Regional Winner.
- Innovative Youth Development Programming Award for Cooking Under Pressure for Youth. National Extension Association of Family and Consumer Sciences, Second Place Western Regional Winner.
- Excellence in Healthy Living Award for Cooking Under Pressure for Youth. Idaho Association of Extension 4-H Professionals, State Winner.
- Excellent leadership and Creativity Through Programming, R.W. Schermerhorn Extension Award for Cooking Under Pressure for Youth.