Extension Educator and County Chair
Administration building, Room 202, Madison County
University of Idaho Extension, Madison County
134 E Main St., Ste. 202
Rexburg, ID 83440
Lance offers programs and classes that focus on financial literacy, 4-H youth development and food safety. He is the department chair for University of Idaho Extension in Madison County.
MBA, Western New Mexico University, 2017
B.A., Utah State University, 2004
- Family finance
- Retirement education
- Stress management and mental health
- Youth financial literacy
- Food safety and nutrition
- 4-H youth development
- Being Financially Aware When Divorce Occurs: An Idaho Guide (BUL 977)
- Guide to Using and Caring for Your Electric Programmable Pressure Cooker (PNW 747)
Lance grew up in Rupert, Idaho; after high school, he attended Utah State University and received a bachelor’s degree in family and consumer sciences, emphasizing family finance in 2004. That same year he got married and started working for the Idaho Department of Health and Welfare in Pocatello, where he worked for 14 years. In 2016 he was accepted into a master’s program at Western New Mexico University and earned his MBA in August 2018.
Lance became an Extension educator in December 2018 and has focused on creating research-based programs based on the needs expressed by his local advisory committee. His programs cover adult and youth financial literacy, 4-H youth development, nutrition and food safety.
As part of the Farm Stress Management team, Lance and his colleagues are working to increase awareness of mental health issues related to mismanaged stress. He currently is the state coordinator for Life Smarts in Idaho, which helps provide youth with the skills they need to be savvy consumers.
Two programs to highlight are Farm Stress Management, which is currently being taught around the state, and Employment Feud. Lance covers a range of other topics from farm management, mental health, first aid (adults and youth programs), health insurance, retirement planning, to name a few. He serves on several district, state, college and regional committees.
- Greenwood Frysinger Award. National Extension Association of Family and Consumer Sciences, Second Place National, and Western Regional Winner.
- Innovative Youth Development Programming Award for Cooking Under Pressure for Youth. National Extension Association of Family and Consumer Sciences, Second Place Western Regional Winner.
- Excellence in Healthy Living Award for Cooking Under Pressure for Youth. Idaho Association of Extension 4-H Professionals, State Winner.
- Excellent leadership and Creativity Through Programming, R.W. Schermerhorn Extension Award for Cooking Under Pressure for Youth.