Family and Consumer Sciences
Family and Consumer Sciences enable and empower individuals, families and communities to make choices aimed at bettering their own lives and the lives of their family members. We want to maximize the potential of all individuals through the application of research and instruction that ensures the security and safety of our citizens in their daily routines and lives.
All programming is offered on an as requested basis. If you or your organization is interested in participating in any of the listed programming please contact Katie Hoffman at 208-756-2815 ext 1698.
Family Life Development
- Married and Loving it: marriage enrichment program, series of seven workshops
- Basic Parenting: parenting of young children program, series of five workshops
- FOCCUS: Pre-martial inventory and enrichment program
Just in Time Parenting
Sign up to receive this e-newsletter that includes reliable parenting information.
- Home Preserving: all aspects of home preservation, series of five workshops
- Jams and Jellies: “How-to” hands on workshop
- Pickling: “How-to” hands on workshop
- Applesauce: “How-to” hands on workshop
- Freezer Jam: “How-to” hands on workshop
- Wild Game: “How-to” hands on workshop
- Vegetable Preservation: “How-to” hands on workshop
- Handwashing: for Pre-K through elementary students
- Artisan Bread: Whole grains made easy
- Cooking on a Budget: Eating healthy for less
- Meal Time in Less Time: Preparing healthy meals quickly
- Mealtime Inspirations: A seasonal selection of timely recipes and household tips for a healthy family