Idaho Master Gardener Program
Each year, hundreds of Master Gardeners share their gardening knowledge as they serve their communities and the environment.
Becoming an Idaho Master Gardener
Idaho Master Gardener classes are taught by UI Extension and other horticulture experts in your community. Field trips and the Idaho Master Gardener Handbook complete your education. Improve your basic gardening knowledge, pest identification abilities, leadership and planning skills.
Once you finish your classroom training, passed your exams and completed your volunteer hours, you’ll be certified as an Idaho Master Gardener for one year.
Many Idaho Master Gardeners extend their certification into future years through advanced training and volunteer hours. You can even earn University of Idaho credits.
Contact us for an application and information. Fees are $45 to $80. Instructional hours and class times vary. Volunteer hours are also required.
What Master Gardeners Do
- Answer questions by phone or in person
- Teach classes for civic organizations, church groups, garden clubs and schools
- Promote environmental responsibility
- Bring the joy of gardening to all ages
- Help with city, county and state beautification projects
- Staff a question and answer booth at county and state fairs