Schedule subject to change
8 a.m. – Check In
Pitman Center Tribal Lounge
Check in, receive your swag and get ready for your day!
8-9 a.m. – Campus Tours
Depart from Pitman Center Lobby
Spend 60 minutes exploring the University of Idaho campus with one of our Vandal REPS tour guides. This walking tour will help you understand life as a Vandal and what the University of Idaho campus offers you. Tours depart every 15 minutes.
8-10:30 a.m. – Academic Information & Resource Fair
Pitman Center Vandal Ballroom
Grab a cup of coffee and visit with our colleges and departments to discover more about U of I's programs and services.
8-10:30 a.m. – Application Station
Pitman Center Welcome Center
Need help applying for admissions? Join the admissions staff for hands-on assistance with your application.
8:45 a.m. – Investing in your Future
Pitman Center Borah Theater
Learn about scholarships and how to pay for college.
10:30 a.m. – Welcome
Pitman Center International Ballroom
Let us officially welcome you to campus!
11 a.m. to Noon – Idaho Academic Experience
Various Campus Locations
Choose one - See descriptions below.
Noon – Lunch Break
- Oct. 1 -Take a break and enjoy lunch with us in the Pitman Center International Ballroom.
- Oct. 30 - Take a Break and join us for an Idaho Baked Potato Bar lunch in the Idaho Student Union Building.
Noon to 1:30 p.m. – Lunch Break Activities
- VandalStore Shopping - Get your Silver & Gold on and do some shopping at the VandalStore.
- Student Recreation Center Tours - Drop in to the Student Recreation Center and take a peek at the University’s 80,000 sq. foot student fitness center complete with climbing wall.
1-3 p.m. – Tours
Depart from Pitman Center Veranda
Choose from a selection of tours across campus.
- Campus Tour - Explore the University of Idaho’s beautiful campus.
- Fraternity or Sorority - Visit one of our fraternity or sorority chapter houses.
- Residence Hall - See the residence hall options for incoming students.
- University Library - Discover all the Library has to offer – from the MILL to Special Collections
- Student Recreation Center - Take a peek at the university’s student fitness facility.
- College of Agricultural and Life Sciences Farm Tours - Join us to explore the College of Agricultural and Life Sciences farm facilities including the Sixth Street Greenhouses, Beef Center, Vandal Brand Meats, Steer-a-Year Feedlot, Soil Stewards Farm, Dairy Center, and Sheep Center.
- College of Agricultural and Life Sciences Family and Consumer Sciences Tours - Tour the Margaret Ritchie School of Family and Consumer Sciences hands-on learning labs including a commercial kitchen and cooking demonstration area, fully functioning childcare facility, dietetics simulation lab, the Leila Old Historic Costume Collection, and an apparel, textiles and designs lab.
*Oct. 30 only* 1 p.m. – Idaho Vandals v. Northern Arizona Football Game
Join University of Idaho Alumni, Students, Staff and Faculty and cheer on the Vandals as they take on the Lumberjacks of Northern Arizona.
College of Agricultural and Life Sciences
- Meet our students, faculty and staff and learn about our departments and hands-on activities in and outside the classroom. Explore student organizations, undergraduate research, internships, and study abroad opportunities with students who have been there! Tour university farms and teaching laboratories where learning comes to life.
College of Art and Architecture
- Explore our spaces with faculty members and current students. Learn about how CAA contributes to today’s rapidly expanding Experience Economy. Tour the spaces where students produce their design work in intimate and collaborative studio settings. See student’s current and past projects and hear about what to expect in the College of Art and Architecture.
College of Business and Economics
- Learn Business by Doing Business!
Come join the College of Business and Economics micro-lecture. Students will get a hands-on experience taken from an introductory business lecture. Led by a CBE Professor, students will form teams, tackle a micro case study, and conduct a general debrief about how the health of a single business can have an impact on the larger community and economy.
- Explore the PGA Golf Management Program
Practice your swing in U of I’s state-of-the-art golf swing lab while learning about the PGA Golf Management Program.
- Trading in Action
Learn about financial markets as you get to experience live trading in action, and find out ways to launch your career in the Barker Capital Management and Trading Program
College of Education, Health and Human Sciences
- Visit with a student panel describing undergraduate research, practicum, internship experiences, as well as general information about the college and university experience via a Q&A session. Meet with college faculty and administrators. Tour the college’s facilities and learn more about the programs, as well as internship and career opportunities.
College of Engineering
- Explore engineering concepts and majors through hands-on activities, lab tours and a Q&A session with faculty and students. The college’s student ambassadors will lead various interactive activities as well as share their experiences in and out of the classroom. You’ll get to learn about the many innovative capstone projects, internships and student clubs students engage in starting in their first year of college!
College of Law
- Meet the Law School Admissions Specialist, ask questions of current students, tour the law school building and learn more about the University of Idaho College of Law – including our use of the LSAT and undergraduate GPA in the selection process, financial aid procedures, residency determinations, career placement services, faculty and curriculum and experiential learning programs. We’ll also discuss the 3+3 program, which can take a year off your time as an undergraduate by allowing credits from the first year of law school to complete your bachelor’s degree.
College of Letters, Arts and Social Sciences
- All About Music
Come one, come all! Whether you are interested in pursuing a major in music, a minor in music or would like to continue to participate in ensembles while you study at the University of Idaho, the Lionel Hampton School of Music has a place for you. Learn more about how to become involved at any level.
- Experience the World: Studying Languages and Culture
Would you like to continue your foreign language study at the university? Would you like to learn a new language? This interactive session demonstrates why learning a second or even a third language can be one of the most transformative things you can do as an undergraduate. At this session, you will meet U of I language professors, experience mini “crash courses” in Chinese, French, German, Japanese and Spanish, and find out about how languages can help you achieve your personal and professional goals.
- JAMM: Film and Television
JAMM Instructors and students will talk about how to start and finish a short film through the School of Journalism and Mass Media’s annual Fall48 film challenge.
College of Natural Resources
- The College of Natural Resources offers a top ten, nationally ranked natural resources education where our students learn outside in Idaho’s fantastic landscapes and join a community that will help them succeed in future natural resource careers. With undergraduate degrees in Ecology and Conservation Biology, Environmental Science, Fire Ecology and Management, Fishery Resources, Forest and Sustainable Products, Forestry, Rangeland Conservation, and Wildlife Resources — your student experience in CNR is sure to be hands-on and exciting. Join us during Envision to explore the different majors and opportunities within natural resources, as well as to make a visit to the Drone Lab! The U of I Drone Lab is a hub for exciting technology utilized in natural resources, from measuring and monitoring vegetation to studying wildlife movement and migration patterns. Our session will also include plenty of time for questions and an opportunity to connect with current students.
College of Science
- Visit some of our labs where students work together with faculty on groundbreaking scientific research. You'll also meet some of our current student researchers and hear about the work they are doing. In the U of I College of Science, you don't just study science, you DO science!
WWAMI Medical Education Program
- Since 1972, the partnership between the University of Washington School of Medicine and the University of Idaho has provided Idahoans a way to attend one of the nation’s best medical schools on the U of I campus for the cost of in-state tuition. The Idaho currently reserves 40 seats for Idaho WWAMI and allows the medical students to train all four years in their home state, with their first two years at the University of Idaho, Moscow. Join WWAMI faculty for a tour of our new facilities and to learn more about the program.