Bridging the Gap Between Engineering and Business
Integrate engineering methods, principles and technologies with business approaches to solve today’s complex and challenging problems. Gain the expertise and leadership skills needed to advance your career in today’s fast-paced world.
Designed for Working Professionals
The Engineering Management program at the University of Idaho is a distance education program designed for engineering professionals who want to progress in their careers. Engineering managers are #6 of top 20 best paying jobs in the 21st century according to careerbuilder.com.
Students come from diverse backgrounds in industry, including Micron Technology, Inc., U.S. Air Force, Idaho National Laboratory, U.S. Department of Defense, ATK Partnership, Colorado National State Park, ConAgra Foods and Parker Aerospace.
U of I faculty bring practical knowledge to the classroom from experience in academia and industry.
- Integrate business knowledge, organization insights and communication skills with technical knowledge to become a proficient manager and leader of projects, operations, organizations and people.
- Explore the analytical, technical and human resource aspects of managing in a technical environment.
- Prepare for extensive management responsibilities through continued technical growth and integration of a broad set of business and engineering management courses.
- Nationally Ranked for Best Value – the only public college in Idaho to be ranked a best value college by Forbes, Money, U.S. News and World Report and The Princeton Review.
- Highest Mid-Career Salary Earnings of any 4-year public college in Idaho – Payscale
- 87% Graduate with a Job or are enrolled in graduate education – Career Outcomes Survey
- Personalized Attention from nationally and internationally recognized faculty and staff through small class sizes, 1-on-1 interaction, mentorship, advising and research collaboration. Most faculty hold Ph.D.s in their field.
- Certified Program through 2020 by the American Society of Engineering Management (ASEM).