Program Educational Objectives
These Program Educational Objectives (PEO) were approved by the ME Faculty on October 15, 2014
These PEOs were reviewed with the students (ASME student group) on November 18, 2014
- Learn and integrate. Graduates of the program will be proficient engineering problem solvers capable of identifying, formulating, and solving engineering problems by applying their knowledge of mathematics, science, and engineering.
- Think and create. Graduates of the program will be effective mechanical engineers, capable of analyzing, modeling, designing, and experimentally verifying mechanical engineering systems, components, or processes to meet specified engineering requirements while considering real-world constraints and the impact their solutions may have on society.
- Communicate. Graduates of the program will be effective verbal and written communicators, and team members capable of clearly developing and explaining their engineering solutions to diverse groups using appropriate tools and technology.
- Clarify purpose and perspective. Graduates of the program will practice mechanical engineering in a professional and ethical manner while remaining current in their field.
- Practice citizenship. Graduates of the program will add value to their organizations, communities and society at large through involvement in professional societies, public presentations, civic engagement, and/or outreach.