Take Action




Mechanical Engineering
Phone: (208) 885-6579
Toll-free: 88-88-UIDAHO
Fax: (208) 885-9031
Email: medept@uidaho.edu

Engineering Physics (EP)
Room 324K

875 Perimeter Drive MS 0902
Moscow, ID 83844-0902


Contact Denise Engebrecht
Phone: (208) 364-6123
Fax: (208) 364-3160
Email: denisee@uidaho.edu

Idaho Water Center
322 E. Front Street
Boise, ID 83702


Idaho Falls

Contact Debbie Caudle
Phone: (208) 282-7983
Fax: (208) 282-7929
Email: debrac@uidaho.edu

1776 Science Center Drive, Suite 306
Idaho Falls, Idaho 83402

Distance Education

Engineering Outreach
Phone: (208) 885-6373
Toll-free: (800) 824-2889
Fax: (208) 885-9249
E-mail: outreach@uidaho.edu


Financial Support

Financial support comes in the form of research and teaching assistantships, RA and TA respectively. In addition, the College of Graduate Studies awards a limited number of Out-of-StateTuition Waivers and In-State Fee Waivers. It is strongly recommended that international students have a written offer of support from the department or a faculty member prior to the beginning of their first semester of study. This is recommended because support funds are generally committed in advance of the start of a semester.

Teaching Assistant - These positions are awarded to students by the department. Duties of a TA are to help teach various undergraduate courses. The assignments are varied and include daily contact with students, thus necessitating excellent communication skills, both written and verbal, and a high level of competency in mechanical engineering subject areas. Students who are accepted provisionally are not eligible until the provisions have been removed and the student is placed on regular admission status.

Research Assistant - These positions are awarded directly from faculty and funded through their research grants. Students accepted into the graduate program are encouraged to contact faculty directly to enquire about these positions. Information on faculty research areas and contact information can be here.

The number of students requesting TA and RA positions typically exceeds the number of positions available. Thus, not all students admitted into the M.E. graduate program receive the aforementioned support.

Please also visit the Univerisity of Idaho's Financial Aid & Scholarships webpage for additional information.