Jia (Cindy) Song, Ph.D.
Jia (Cindy) Song, Ph.D.
- Ph.D., Computer Science, University of Idaho, 2014
- M.S., Computer Science, University of Idaho, 2012
- B.S., Information Security, Sichuan University, China, 2009
- B.A., Human Resource Management, Sichuan University, China, 2009
- High assurance computing systems
- Security policy design
Jia Song is a research assistant professor in the Department of Computer Science at the University of Idaho. She received her bachelor's in information security from Sichuan University, China. Her master's and doctorate in computer science were received from University of Idaho in 2012 and 2014, respectively. Before joining the CS department in 2015, Song was working as a postdoc at the Center for Secure and Dependable Systems (CSDS) at the University of Idaho. Her research interest includes security issues in computer systems, software and networks. Song’s research focuses on the design, implementation and verification of high assurance computing systems and the development of security policies.
- Jia Song and Jim Alves-Foss, “The DARPA Cyber Grand Challenge: A Competitor’s Perspective, Part 2,” IEEE Security and Privacy, Volume 14, Issue 1, pp 76-81, 2016.
- Jia Song and Jim Alves-Foss, “The DARPA Cyber Grand Challenge: A Competitor’s Perspective,” IEEE Security and Privacy, Volume 13, Issue 6, pp 72-76, 2015.
- Jia Song and Jim Alves-Foss, “Expanding RTEMS to a Multiuser System by Using Security Tags,” Cyber Security Symposium 2015.
- Jim Alves-Foss, Jia Song, Stuart Steiner, Lawrence Kerr and A. Scott Amack. “Evaluating the Use of Security Tags in Security Policy Enforcement Mechanisms,"" the 48th Hawaii International Conference on System Sciences, 2015.
- Jim Alves-Foss, Jia Song, Stuart Steiner and Saeede Zakeri, “A new operating system for security tagged architecture hardware in support of multiple independent levels of security (MILS) compliant system: AFRL project final report,” U. of Idaho Center for Secure and Dependable Systems, Tech. Rep. AFRL-RI-RS-TR-2014-088, 2014.
- Jia Song and Jim Alves-Foss. “Hardware Security Tags for Enhanced Operating System Security,” Issues in Information Systems, Volume 14, Issue 1, pp 61-71, 2013.
- Jia Song and Jim Alves-Foss, “Security Tagging for a Zero-Kernel Operating system,” In Proc. 46th Hawaii International Conference on System Sciences, pp 5049-5058, 2013.
- Jia Song and Jim Alves-Foss, “Performance Review of Zero Copy Techniques,” International Journal of Computer Science and Security, Volume 6, Issue 4, pp 256-268, 2012.
- Jim Alves-Foss, Xiaohui He, and Jia Song, “Layered Assurance Scheme for Multi-Core Architectures,” In Proc. the fifth annual Layered Assurance Workshop, Dec 2011.
- Member of DARPA Cyber Grand Challenge finalist team, July 2015
- Idaho Vandal Excellence Award, Sep 2015