Degrees in Cybersecurity
Our department offers undergraduate and graduate degrees in cybersecurity. Our master's degree in cybersecurity is available remotely.
- No. 1 Best Value Public University in the West – ranked for the second year in a row by U.S. News and World Report. We’re also the only public university in Idaho to be ranked best value by Forbes, Money, and The Princeton Review.
- Top 7 in the Nation for “infusing real-world experiences into engineering education” through our undergraduate Senior Capstone Design Program – National Academy of Engineering
- CyberCorps®: Scholarship for Service (SFS) – Administered through U of I’s Center for Secure and Dependable Systems, the SFS program provides tuition stipends through the National Science Foundation of up to $25,000 for to train undergraduates for cybersecurity jobs at federal, state, local and tribal agencies.
- Personalized Attention from nationally and internationally recognized faculty and staff through small class sizes, 1-on-1 interaction, mentorship, advising and research collaboration. All faculty hold Ph.D.s in their field.
- 92% Graduate with Jobs or are enrolled in graduate education or military service – First Destination Survey
- Highest Salary Earnings for early- and mid-career undergraduate degree recipients than any other public university in Idaho – Payscale
- More Scholarships Awarded than any 4-year public engineering college in Idaho.
- Hands-On Experience, Guaranteed ALL U of I College of Engineering students participate in hands-on experiences, through our nationally recognized Senior Capstone Design Program and Engineering Design EXPO, Cooperative Education Program (Co-op), Idaho’s only Grand Challenge Scholars Program and paid undergraduate assistantships.
As one of the National Security Agency’s first seven National Centers of Academic Excellence in Cyber Defense Education, University of Idaho Vandals are leading advanced cybersecurity training and education.
Students receive 1-on-1 mentorship from nationally and internationally recognized professional faculty with Ph.D.s in the field of cybersecurity, with expertise in power engineering, information assurance, industrial control systems and transportation. U of I Distinguished Professors Jim Alves-Foss, Ph.D. and Brian Johnson, Ph.D., P.E. lead the cybersecurity program.
Cybersecurity and the Internet of Everything
College of Engineering Offers Unique Education and Research Opportunities in Cybersecurity and Protecting Idaho’s Critical Infrastructure