Contracts and Purchasing Services
The University of Idaho purchases a wide variety of products and services, from livestock and lab equipment to computers and printing services. The Contracts and Purchasing Services office serves and supports the needs of the University by assisting departments with the procurement process in the most cost-efficient way possible while following federal, state, and University rules and regulations.
Faculty and staff: before you make a purchase, you should familiarize yourself with the different buying methods, policies and procedures that you must follow. All transactions for goods totaling greater than $10,000 must be competitively bid and administered by Contracts and Purchasing Services. All service agreements greater than $25,000 must be competitively bid by Contracts and Purchasing Services.
Contracts and Purchasing Services is responsible for:
- reviewing and processing all requisitions and other purchase-related documents
- soliciting, opening and reviewing bids and proposals
- conducting negotiations on behalf of the university
- developing and updating contractual forms and terms and conditions
- executing contracts
- maintaining records of university purchases
Contracts and Purchasing Services can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org.