Eating Disorder Awareness Week
Feb. 21-24, 2023
Through National Eating Disorder Awareness Week 2023, the National Eating Disorders Association (NEDA) and the University of Idaho aim to improve public understanding of eating disorders, their causes and treatments and to empower everyone to reduce risk factors and join prevention efforts. Learn more at nationaleatingdisorders.org.
Eating Disorder Awareness Week Resources
National Eating Disorders Awareness Week is a collaboration between Vandal Health Education, the Women's Center, and the Counseling and Testing Center. Events are geared toward raising awareness about eating disorders and provide resources to those in need. The mission of Eating Disorder Awareness Week is to reduce the stigma surrounding eating disorders, improve access to treatment, and provide factual information about eating disorders. Eating disorders are serious, life-threatening illnesses - not choices - and it's important to recognize the pressures, attitudes and behaviors that shape the disorder.
This year, we urge you talk about the pressures, attitudes and behaviors that shape body image and disordered eating with family, friends and your community. With 30 million Americans struggling with an eating disorder at some point in their lives, it's time to talk about eating disorders on our campus.
- Raises awareness that eating disorders are life-threatening illnesses, not lifestyle choices
- Provides accurate information to educational and medical communities
- Directs people to potentially life-saving information and resources about eating disorders
Tuesday, Feb. 22 | Health Hut | 11 a.m. to 1 p.m. on the ISUB Plaza
Stop by to learn more about NEDA Week and how to raise awareness for eating disorder symptoms and treatment.
Wednesday, Feb. 23 | Eating Disorder Screenings | Noon to 2 p.m. in the ISUB
Stop by for a free eating disorder screening and the opportunity to talk with a Counseling and Testing Center professional.
Thursday, Feb. 24 | Vandals for Recovery - Free Coffee Hour | 11:30 a.m. to 12 :30 p.m. in the Well Space
Join VHE in the Well Space for a free coffee hour with those in recovery or living a substance and alcohol free lifestyle.
Thursday, Feb. 24 | RAIN - Mindful Compassion | 2:30-3:30 p.m. (Three-week commitment)
Learn skills to recognize, allow, investigate, and nurture difficult, painful emotional experiences with mindfulness and self-compassion.
Group meeting dates: Feb 24, March 3 and 10, 2022.
Email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 208-885-6716 to sign-up.
Friday, Feb. 25 | Friday Crafternoon | 2:30-2 p.m. at the Women's Center
Join the Women's Center for relaxing arts and crafts and socializing with other students.
- Counseling & Testing Center (CTC) | The CTC staff of psychologists and supervised doctoral interns and graduate students offers students a wide range of free and confidential counseling services, resources and referrals. Schedule an appointment by calling 208-885-6716. The CTC is located in Mary E. Forney Hall Room 306. Get directions »
- Clinical Nutrition Counseling | Gritman Medical Center's registered dietitians provide nutrition counseling. Please check with your insurance company to find out if your plan covers medical nutrition therapy.
Email Vandal Health Education at email@example.com.