Mental Health Resources
It is OK to ask for help and accept help
- Counseling and Mental Health Center: 208-885-6716, crisis appointments available, press 3 for 24/7 helpline
- Idaho Suicide Prevention Hotline (call or text): 208-398-4357
- NAMI (National Alliance on Mental Health) call: 800-950-6264 or text: 741741
- Lines for Life Military Helpline: 888-457-4838
- Veterans Crisis Line: 800-273-8255 (press 1)
- Coaching into Care: 888-823-7458
- National Center for PTSD
- PTSD Coach Online
The Counseling and Mental Health Center is the primary mental health agency for University of Idaho students on campus. We provide mental health services and support our students to enhance their educational, emotional, psychological, social and cultural well-being. We have an unwavering commitment to social justice, equity and inclusion. Therefore, we strive to offer culturally informed services and programs by providing a safe space to be heard, appreciated and accepted.
Vandals for Recovery is dedicated to supporting all students in or seeking recovery from substance misuse by empowering them to make recovery-supportive decisions about their health and well-being and raising awareness of and normalizing recovery in our campus community.
If you feel that a campus community member is in distress or displaying concerning behavior and you would like to make a referral to the Dean of Students Office you can file a VandalCARE report.
Vandal Health Education is a part of Recreation and Wellbeing dedicated to providing high-quality health education to empower students to make decisions about their own health and engaging the campus community in health promotion initiatives to foster a safe, inclusive and healthy environment.
National Suicide Prevention Lifeline
If you are experiencing a mental health crisis, call 1-800-273-8255