Love fire? Do you want to gain some operational fire experience and training while in school? Here is what you can do as part of the Student Association for Fire Ecology:
- Participate in prescribed burning locally and nationally
- Reduce fire hazard and gain fuel reduction experience through "Fire Fighter for Hire". Thinning with chainsaws, piling, and then burning piles. Money earned from work goes to paying for trips, and students personally earn SAFE bucks.
- Use SAFE bucks to buy SAFE merchandise such as t-shirts, coats, water bottles etc. Those with extended service to the club are awarded a belt buckle.
- Learn new skills such as how to operate radios, maintain chainsaws, and teach all ages about fire.
- Get S-classes such as S-212 Saws
- Have fun — the SAFE club is a great group of hardworking folks!
Interested in joining? Contact club advisor Heather Heward at firstname.lastname@example.org!