Associate Chair of Architecture, Assistant Professor
University of Idaho Boise
Urban Design Center
322 E Front St
Boise, Idaho 83702
Dwaine is a designer, arts planner and public artist specializing in the integration of art and design. His architecture has received numerous awards and is published in Architectural Record, Sunset, How, Sun Valley Art and featured in the University of Washington Press book, Daylight Design in the Pacific Northwest.
As an artist and planner, Dwaine has created and exhibited work throughout the region. His works range from the Arts Master Plan for Boise Public Works to permanent public sculpture such as “Cottonwoods" at Boise City Hall Plaza. His work is distinguished by numerous grant and competition awards and include installations and exhibits at Sun Valley Center for the Arts and Humanities, the Visual Arts Center at Boise State University, J Crist Gallery, and Rhode Island School of Design.
Dwaine is a graduate of Harvard University and holds Fine Arts and Architecture degrees from Rhode Island School of Design. He has been a guest critic at numerous institutions including Rhode Island School of Design, University of Pennsylvania and the Graduate School of Design at Harvard University. A developed communicator committed to open, creative processes, he combines his interpretive abilities with sensitivity to site, materials and concepts that enable the collaborative creation of outstanding environments and experiences.
- The Paul G. Windley Faculty Excellence and Development Award, 2022
- University of Idaho Alumni Award for Excellence, 2021
- City of Boise City Hall Plaza Sculpture Competition, award of commission, 2016
- Cooper-Hewitt National Design Awards, Nominee, 2009
- City of Boise, Mayor’s Excellence in Design Awards 2008
- American Institute of Architects, Idaho Chapter, Award of Merit, 2008
- How Magazine, Design Award, Award of Merit, 2006
- American Institute of Architects, Idaho Chapter, Award of Honor, 2006
- American Institute of Architects, Idaho Chapter, Award of Honor, 1998
- American Institute of Architects, Idaho Chapter, Award of Merit, 1998