We focus on growing and stewarding relationships with corporate and foundation donors. Effective stewardship builds donors’ trust and increases their tendency to give larger, more frequent gifts.
To help steward and grow these relationships we can:
- Acknowledge gifts by sending personalized thank-you’s from the president or vice president (depending on giving level) in a timely and consistent fashion.
- Report to donors on the use of and impact of their gift, before asking for another gift.
- Recognize donors at public events, on plaques, in newsletters, in annual or endowment reports, donor rolls, stories in U of I publications, and/or by offering campus privileges.
- Acknowledge and celebrate loyal donors who have given over multiple years.
- Organize donor visits, including developing briefings.
- Provide information on naming opportunities and pledges.
- Ensure tax receipts are sent to comply with legal obligations.