Hone Your Proposal Writing Skills
Whether you’re an experienced proposal writer or about to write your first one, there are resources available to help hone your skills and keep you up-to-date on current trends in the world of grant-seekers and grant-makers.
Webinars, Workshops, Online Classes
- Contact us to schedule one-on-one training on how to find and apply for funding.
- Join our listserv to receive notifications of upcoming training opportunities on proposal writing and related topics.
- Take free online courses on grant-writing.
- Attend a free webinar, courtesy of the Foundation Center:
Websites, Books, Articles
- Visit grantproposals.com for a wealth of resources and grant writing guidance.
- Read The Chronicle of Philanthropy for fundraising news and tips, webinars, research, and more.
- Funders vs Investors: 5 essential differences in how they think and act. Foundation & Corporations Funding Advantage, February 2015
- Geever, Jane C. The Foundation Center's Guide to Proposal Writing. 2007. The Foundation Center. ISBN 1-59542-129-7
- Clarke, Cheryl. Storytelling for Grantseekers, A Guide to Creative Nonprofit Fundraising. 2009. Jossey-Bass. ISBN 978-0-470-38122-9
- Browning, Beverly. Perfect Phrases for Writing Grant Proposals. 2007. McGraw-Hill. ISBN 0071495844
- Shell, Richard G., and Moussa, Mario. The Art of Woo: Using Strategic Persuasion to Sell Your Idea. 2007. Penguin Group Inc. ISBN 978-159184-176-0
- Hogan. Cecelia. Prospect Research: A Primer for Growing Nonprofits. 2004. Jones and Bartlett. ISBN 0-7637-2580-3