In 2016, Idaho WWAMI established an advisory board of key community leaders to provide guidance and input on raising WWAMI’s profile throughout the state. One of the first projects the advisory board undertook was to conduct a series of candid interviews with high-level decision makers and opinion leaders in Idaho. The objective was to get an accurate picture of WWAMI’s reputation and public presence in Idaho, specifically among key legislators and other political decision makers, to provide a baseline from which to build a stronger communications and public outreach effort. The Idaho WWAMI Advisory Board advises the U of I-WWAMI leadership in areas of political strategy, programmatic development, future directions of the program, including expansion of medical education in Idaho to help address Idaho’s physician shortage, collaborations with stakeholders and barriers to success.
Meet Our Members
- Rod Gramer, President & CEO, ID Business for Education
- Kelly Anderson, MD, The Pediatric Center
- A. Patrice Burgess, MD, Saint Alphonsus
- Ed Dahlberg, Chief Executive Officer-Former, St. Luke’s Health System
- Mathew Erpelding, Vice President Government & Community Relations, Micron Technologies
- Melissa (Moe) Hagman, MD, UW Boise Internal Medicine Residency
- John Huckabay, Trustee, Durward and Susan Huckabay Foundation
- Cally Grindstaff, VP Corporate Relations/Organizational Development-Retired, Clear Food Springs
- Wendy Jaquet, Representative, District 25
- Lisa Jensen, President/Jensen Companies, Inc.
- Steven Kohtz, MD, St. Luke’s Clinic – Family Medicine
- Peter Kozisek, MD, St. Luke’s Palliative Medicine
- Bob McFarland, MD, Kootenai Clinic – Family Medicine Residency
- Peter Mundt, Director of Community Relations and Marketing – Gritman Medical Center
- Lisa Nelson, MD, Director of Medical Education, Saint Alphonsus Health System
- Arthur F. (Skip) Oppenheimer, Chairman & Chief Executive Officer, Oppenheimer Development Corporation/Oppenheimer Companies, Inc.
- Susie Pouliot, Chief Executive Officer, Idaho Medical Association
- Chuck Robertson, MD, Radiologist, Retired
- Ray Stark, SVP, Government & Community Relations, Events, Boise Metro Chamber of Commerce
- Sheryl Rickard, Chief Executive Officer, Bonner General Health
- Brian Whitlock, President & Chief Executive Officer, Idaho Hospital Association