K12 School Nurses
School nurses provide an array of essential health-related services and education topics to students, teachers, and school communities. Their work is critical to ensuring that students can learn and thrive in the classroom.
ECHO Idaho’s K12 School Nurses series offers a virtual platform for school nurses and allied health professionals to enhance their knowledge-base and skills, while simultaneously connecting them with colleagues and healthcare experts from across the state of Idaho.
Led by an interdisciplinary panel of experts specializing in school nursing, pediatrics, mental health, special education, and more, this series helps participants learn and implement best practices by engaging in interdisciplinary conversations and case-based learning. These hour-long, virtual sessions are a convenient and interactive form of learning.
Continuing education (CE) and professional development credits are available for joining live sessions and for watching session recordings on our CE platform, eeds. View the How-To Claim Continuing Education PDF for more information.
Not looking for credit? Visit ECHO Idaho's YouTube channel to view session recordings for this series.
This series will launch on October 11, 2023.
Virtual sessions will meet once a month from Oct. 2023 – May 2024.
Dates and Time: 2nd Wednesday of each month from 4-5 p.m. MT.
ECHO Idaho's full series schedule.
School nurses and others providing health services in the K12 setting.
Participation in ECHO Idaho is free.
Please register for the ongoing sessions.
Once you register, you’ll receive convenient, day-of Zoom access directly to your inbox – join us as your schedule allows.
- No-Cost Accredited Continuing Education: ECHO Idaho offers free accredited continuing education/professional development credits.
- Dual-licensed professionals seeking Continuing Education (CE/CME): Claim credit for attending any of ECHO Idaho’s sessions. Refer to ECHO Idaho’s Continuing Education page for additional information regarding CE/CME credits by profession.
- Professional Development (PD) Credit for Educators: Participation in 15 live and/or asynchronous sessions is equivalent to one (1) semester credit hour. Credits will be transcribed through the University of Idaho’s College of Education, Health and Human Sciences.
- Virtual Community: Connect with other school nurses across Idaho to increase professional satisfaction, decrease feelings of isolation and curate a virtual community.
- Improved Quality of Care: Health care and education professionals who participate in ECHO Idaho increase their knowledge and self-efficacy.
ECHO Idaho is led by the University of Idaho and the WWAMI Medical Education Program.