Project ECHO (Extension for Community Health Outcomes) uses an “all teach, all learn” model that empowers Idaho health care professionals to treat complex diseases with specialist-level expertise no matter where they practice.
With the click of a button, clinicians across the state can join a virtual, one-hour session that includes a brief lecture, patient case review, resource sharing and discussion. All sessions are free and eligible for accredited continuing education credits.
If you are a physician, physician assistant, nurse practitioner, nurse, pharmacist, psychologist, counselor, social worker or other health care or social service professional who wants to improve your skills, then ECHO trainings are for you.
Ready to get started? Register to receive agendas, resources and information to join ECHO sessions.
Download 2023 program flyers.
People need access to specialty care for their complex health conditions.
There aren’t enough specialists to treat everyone, especially in rural areas.
ECHO® trains clinicians to provide specialty care.
Patients get the right care, in the right place, at the right time.
What are the benefits?
- Professional Development: Participants gain new skills and competencies for managing patients.
- Creating Community: Clinician teams can increase professional satisfaction and decrease isolation, thus creating a sense of community.
- Increased Patient Satisfaction: Patients can continue to work with their trusted clinician instead of traveling long distances to be seen by a specialist.
- Improved Quality of Care: Health care professionals who participate in ECHO increase their knowledge and self-efficacy.
- No-Cost Accredited Continuing Education: ECHO Idaho offers free accredited continuing education credits (CE). CE credit is available for participating in live sessions only, not for watching recorded sessions (unless otherwise indicated). To learn about a session's CE offerings, claim CE and provide feedback please log in to Eeds continuing medical education software. To learn more about the University of Idaho, WWAMI’s continuing education accreditation and offerings, visit our CE webpage.