BCB Program Admissions
Most graduate students will start with a background in at least one of the areas: biological, mathematical or computer sciences.
Minimum Admissions Requirements
- At least a 3.0 undergraduate GPA if the student graduated within the last five years.
- The Graduate Record Examination (GRE) is required for all applicants (70 percent rank or higher recommended). *As of Fall 2020 the GRE is not currently required to be considered for program admission*
- For applicants for whom English is a second language,a TOEFL score of at least 600 (250 computer-based or 100 IBT).
Note: TOEFL is required of all applicants for whom English is a second language.
Applicants Must Provide
- At least three letters of reference, speaking to the applicant’s aptitude for graduate research.
- A statement of research interests that clearly identifies the research he or she would like to pursue and why they want to pursue it at the University of Idaho.
- Applicants are encouraged to express interest in working with (a) specific faculty member(s), and contact them personally.
Identify a Major Professor
Students who have identified a specific BCB faculty member who has agreed to direct their research, are encouraged to apply at any time during the year. In this case we can often make an admissions decision within one week after the application is complete.
Priority Application Deadlines
- Spring Admission - Sept. 1
- Fall Admission - Jan. 6
- Summer Admission - Jan. 6