University Curriculum Committee
The University Curriculum Committee (UCC) falls under the realm of Faculty Senate, the legislative body at the University that acts for the university faculty in all matters pertaining to the immediate government of the university (see FSH 1520 Article IV and Article V).
UCC's primary purpose is to fulfill the role of shared governance in changes made to the university's curricular requirements. These include changes to curricula, courses, and general university requirements. UCC also serves as a facilitator to coordinate curricular matters among the university's academic divisions. Finally UCC is charged with recommending policies and procedures concerning matriculation, advising, and registration of students.
The Office of the Registrar works very closely with UCC to implement faculty approved curricular, policy, and procedure changes in a timely and efficient manner. The Office of the Registrar is also charged with producing and publishing the General Catalog which details the current curricular requirements, academic units, and academic policies for the University.
Deadlines for the 2022-23 academic year
- Group A changes effective Summer 2023 must be entered into the Curriculum Inventory Management (CIM) system and approved by the department and college levels by October 7, 2022.
- Group B changes effective Summer 2023 must be submitted to the Office of the Provost (email@example.com) by October 7, 2022.
- Group C changes are due to the Office of the Provost (firstname.lastname@example.org):
- Final proposals for implementation Summer 2024 are due October 7, 2022.
- Draft proposals for implementation Summer 2025 are due January 7, 2023.
- Editorial changes must be submitted by February 18, 2023.