Herbicide-resistant Weeds University of Idaho Tour Topic June 17
Friday, June 4 2010
MOSCOW, Idaho – Herbicide-resistant weeds and weed control trials will be the focus of the University of Idaho annual Weed Science Field Day June 17.
Registration for the tour will be held from 7:15 to 7:45 a.m. at the University Inn Best Western in the convention center lobby at the west entrance.
The tour will begin at 8 a.m. and conclude with a hosted lunch at the UI Parker Research Farm east of Moscow. Transportation for the tour will be provided.
Tour stops will explore weed control in a variety of crops, including:
- Garbanzo bean weed control with various combinations of herbicides
- Herbicide-resistance management with various broadleaf herbicide combinations in winter wheat
- Italian ryegrass control in winter wheat with various herbicide combinations pre- and post-emergence
- Wild oat control experiments in spring wheat
- Herbicide-resistant weed management in cropping systems
- Spring pea tolerance to pre-emergence herbicides.