Take Action




Work-Study Assistance
Phone: (208) 885-6312
Toll Free: (888) 884-3246
Fax: (208) 885-5592
Bruce M. Pitman Center 101
875 Perimeter Dr MS 4291
Moscow, ID 83844-4291
Office Hours: 9:30 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.*

Work-Study Orientation

It is highly recommended that as a new Work-Study student you attend one of the sessions below where you will receive important Work-Study information and your referral letter. Your referral contains information about the job you selected and where to report to start working. All orientations are held in the Bruce M. Pitman Center Borah Theater. If you are not able to attend one of the orientations, your job referral will be available in the Financial Aid Office August 22, 2016.

Work-Study Orientation Dates & Times
Thursday August 18, 2016      1:00 or 3:30   
Friday August 19, 2016      1:00 or 3:30
Monday August 22, 2016      1:00 or 3:30
Tuesday, August 23, 2016      1:00 or 3:30

If you missed orientation, we have made our presentation available to you. Click here.

Your Work-Study assignment cannot be printed unless you select a job electronically. After logging into Vandal Web, select the Financial Aid and Scholarships tab, then select the Review/Accept/Decline Awards section. Once the Work-Study award is accepted, a link to the Work-Study Job Directory will appear allowing you to select a job. A referral letter will be printed in the Financial Aid office after job selection.  All new Work-Study students should attend one of the orientations to receive their referral letter.  Continuing students may pick up their referral from the Financial Aid office on or after the first day of class. This letter provides you with details like supervisor contact name and location as well as some general information regarding the program.

If you wish to return to a previously reserved Work-Study job, electronic confirmation is still required each year in order for our office to print a Work-Study referral letter.


Bring acceptable ID with you to orientation. Employment Services will need to verify your identity and work eligibility with one or more of the acceptable documents on page 9 of the federal I-9 form. Do not complete pages 7 and 8. These documents are needed to complete a Work Authorization Card and I-9 form prior to starting work. If you have worked at UI previously and have renewed your Work Authorization Card within the last three years, a renewal will not be required.

Work-Study earnings are taxable income. Earnings must be reported to the IRS if you file an income tax return. You will receive a W2 form from the Student Accounts office in January. Remember to list Work-Study earnings on next year's FAFSA. This will exempt your Work-Study earnings from counting against your expected family contribution.