International Student Scholarships
The International Programs Office provides awards to U of I students who study abroad as well as International students attending the University.
The Invitation to Idaho is a tuition waiver for qualified new, first-time freshmen and transfer students pursuing their first bachelor’s degree in Fall 2022 who meet the specific criteria listed below. The waiver results in savings of over $16,000 for the 2022-2023 academic year.
To be eligible you must:
- Be a new, first-time freshman admitted to the University of Idaho
- Be pursuing your first bachelor's degree
- Have an incoming GPA of 3.0 or higher
- Be a resident of a non-WUE state or an international student
- Be enrolled full-time (minimum of 12 credits)
There is no separate application for the Invitation to Idaho waiver. If you meet the requirements, you are automatically eligible to receive it when filling out an application for admission. There is no deadline to complete the admission application. You receive automatic consideration upon applying.
The waiver is renewable up to four years of undergraduate enrollment for first year recipients with a 2.5 minimum University of Idaho cumulative GPA. For transfer students, the award is renewable up to three additional years, depending on the number of transfer credits, with a minimum University of Idaho GPA of 2.5.
There is no deadline to complete the admission application and be considered for this award.
Take advantage of external resources such as non-University of Idaho specific scholarships. It pays to search and apply. Any extra resource you bring in can help pay for the great education offered at the U of I.
Although you are automatically considered for any university-based scholarships for which you are eligible, we highly recommend that you consider additional sources of funding. Speak with your guidance counselor and check with family employers, credit unions, churches and other community organizations to see if they offer scholarships. Financial aid has a resource center located inside the financial aid office in The Pitman Center. You will find documents relating to other aid options, including a large list of outside scholarships. You may also find some of the following links helpful.
- Fast Web - Free online scholarship search
- College Board Scholarship Search - Free version of the FUND FINDER scholarship database
- SuperCollege - Free database of scholarships and grants
- GoCollege - Guide to free money
- Student Scholarships - Scholarship database
- College Scholarships - Free scholarship search
- Peterson's - Find the right scholarship, grant, or award for you
- Financial Aid for Undergraduate International Students
Scholarship Scam Alert
Scholarship Scam Alert - Not everyone is trying to help. Beware of requests for payment when requesting information about receiving money for education.