University of Idaho - I Banner
A student works at a computer


U of I's web-based retention and advising tool provides an efficient way to guide and support students on their road to graduation. Login to VandalStar.

Resident Transfer Student Scholarships

All scholarships require continuous full-time enrollment at the University of Idaho with a minimum of 12 U of I credits. Criteria and award amounts for scholarship levels are subject to change. Transfer students are students pursuing their first bachelor’s degree and have 14 or more semester credits (21 quarter credits) completed after high school.

The Go Idaho! Scholarship Program recognizes our new, first-time undergraduate students who are residents of Idaho with a guaranteed level of scholarship funding. Students who are admitted and meet the following criteria are guaranteed to receive the level of funding listed below from a combination of U of I scholarships. By maintaining a minimum 2.5 U of I GPA, this level of funding may be renewed for an additional two to three years, depending on the number of credits transferred. Additional need-based Go Idaho! funds may be available based on the results of your FAFSA.

Category Transfer GPA Level of Funding
Vandal Summit 3.8 - 4.0 $3,000
Vandal Excellence 3.6 - 3.799 $2,000
Vandal Merit  3.0 - 3.599 $1,000

Student award notifications are sent starting in January.

*Note that some departmental scholarships you may receive automatically apply towards the Go Idaho! promise to replace any general funds, while others are able to stack on top of the Go Idaho! to provide further financial assistance.

Take advantage of as many external scholarship resources as you can!  It pays to search and apply. Any extra resource(s) you bring in can help pay for the great education offered at the U of I.

Although you are automatically considered for any university-based scholarships for which you are eligible, we highly recommend that you consider additional sources of funding. Speak with your U of I academic advisor and check with family employers, credit unions, churches and other community organizations to see if they offer scholarships. You can even reach out to your college department and see what departmental scholarships you may qualify for. You may also find some of the following links helpful. 

Looking for Outside Scholarships?  Use ScholarshipUniverse!

ScholarshipUniverse makes it easier to find scholarships outside the U of I. By answering a few simple questions, you could be matched to a variety of potential scholarships. The ScholarshipUniverse dashboard also provides a quick and convenient way to keep up with upcoming application deadlines. 

Idaho State Sources

Military Sources

The United States Air Force, Army, and Navy offer a suite of government scholarships to students who participate in their ROTC programs. For more information and details, contact U of I’s Military and Veteran Services Office. 

Student Financial Aid Services

Physical Address:

Bruce M. Pitman Center
Room 101

709 Deakin Avenue
Moscow, ID 83844

Mailing Address:
Student Financial Aid Office
875 Perimeter Dr
MS 4291
Moscow, ID 83844-4291

Phone: 208-885-6312

Fax: 208-885-5592