University of Idaho Extension supports teachers around the state who want to implement Farm to School and school garden programs. Depending on location and our Extension staff expertise and capacity, this can include:
- In-person and online teacher training in-services, workshops and tours for professional development credits
- Help finding garden grants
- Establishing a school garden 4-H or Junior Master Gardener club
- Accessing 4-H gardening and Junior Master Gardener curriculum and materials
- Finding a Master Gardener school garden mentor volunteer
- Delivering in-school and afterschool enrichment programs in gardening, health and nutrition
Our partners at Idaho State Department of Agriculture/Idaho Preferred and Idaho Ag in the Classroom can also provide training opportunities, promotional materials, posters, curriculum and more.
Contact us to inquire about University of Idaho Extension programs and resources.
Learn more about our partners.