Selling to schools or distributors who serve schools can increase marketing options for Idaho farmers, ranchers and food producers. University of Idaho Extension and our Farm to School Partners support producers statewide who want to pursue this option for their products.
While some very small school districts or childcare centers may work one-on-one with a farmer to purchase food, larger school districts often have contracts with wholesale distributors.
University of Idaho Extension works with our partners, most importantly, the Idaho State Department of Agriculture, to connect farms with information and opportunities, including:
- One-on-one consultation
- Assistance with finding and selling to a school or distributor
- Advice on crop selection, timing and marketing
- In-school promotion of your farm and your products
- Participation in publicity
- Assistance navigating food safety training and possible certification
- Workshops, training and tours
Contact us to inquire about University of Idaho Extension programs and resources.
Learn more about our partners.