Lesson 7 — Hot Tips: Cooking, Hot Holding and Reheating
The goal is to understand safe time and temperature guidelines for cooking, reheating and hot holding foods.
- Describe the temperature Danger Zone for potentially hazardous foods, and the 4-hour time limit for food to be within this range.
- Identify recommended cooking temperatures for raw animal foods.
- Describe how to hot hold and reheat food safely.
- Demonstrate the proper use and cleaning of a food thermometer.
The PowerPoint below contains audio and video files, please enable content in order for them to play.
- PowerPoint slides (zip) extract file onto your hard drive
- Activity handouts
- Student fill-in notes and answer key | Teacher only