Lesson 6 — Keep It Straight, Don’t Cross-contaminate
The goal is to understand that the risk of contracting a foodborne illness can be reduced by safely storing and handling food from the time it is received to the time it is served.
- Describe cross-contamination.
- Identify health hazards associated with cross-contamination.
- Identify potential sources of cross-contamination.
- Suggest ways of preventing cross-contamination.
The PowerPoint below contains audio and video files, please enable content in order for them to play.
- PowerPoint slides (zip) extract file onto your hard drive
- Activity handout
- Items for preparing activities
- Labels for sealed bags of white powders for "Identifying Unlabeled Products" (pdf)
- Food and storage area photos to laminate for "Storing Food Correctly to Avoid Cross-Contamination"
- Student fill-in notes and answer key | Teacher only