Lesson 5 — Clean: Do You Want to Eliminate a Million... Bacteria?
The goal is to understand the importance of cleanliness, healthy workers and proper handling of garbage, waste and body fluids in commercial food service.
- Understand the need for equipment and personal cleanliness when preparing food for others.
- Demonstrate proper hand washing techniques.
- Identify times when hands should be washed when preparing food for others.
- Demonstrate proper use of gloves.
- Make an approved sanitizing solution, and know when and how to use it.
- List proper handling procedures for garbage, waste products and body fluids.
- Recognize when sick employees should not handle food.
The PowerPoint below contains audio and video files, please enable content in order for them to play.
- PowerPoint slides (zip) extract file onto your hard drive
- Activity handouts (pdf)
- Sick employees — Should they avoid food handling? and answer key | Teacher only
- Student fill-in notes and answer key | Teacher only