Lesson 3 — What Are Some Important Foodborne Pathogens?
The goal is to understand five of the important foodborne pathogens and their characteristics.
- Identify five important foodborne pathogens and describe the illnesses they cause
- Describe how pathogens get into our food supply and how to control them
- Name the five pathogens that are cause for exclusion from working in food service
The PowerPoint below contains an audio file, please enable content in order for the audio to play.
- PowerPoint slides (zip) extract file onto your hard drive
- "Fill-in the Pathogen" activity handouts
- "Pathogens for Study" activity envelops
- Pathogens for study worksheet (pdf)
- Student fill-in notes and answer key | Teacher only