University of Idaho Extension, Minidoka County
85 E. Baseline Rd.
Rupert, ID 83350
I deliver pest management and STEM focused extension programs to Idaho farmers and youth. My main emphasis is the Integrated Pest Management of insects and voles.
M.S., Texas A&M University, 2017
B.A., Brigham Young University-Idaho, 2014
- Integrated Pest Management
- Barn owls (tyto alba)
- Biological control
- Insect identification
- Video production
- "Learning Experiences in IPM Through Concise Instructional Videos" In Press, Journal of Integrated Pest Management: Oxford Press
- "Common Aphid Identification in Texas Small Grains (PDF)" April 2017, Texas A&M AgriLife Extension.
Born and raised in Malad, Idaho, Jason Thomas is a passionate instructional designer, educator and scientist who enjoys the thrill of helping improve people's lives. He utilizes his scientific knowledge and education background to create simplified programs presented in various mediums to help farmers and key stakeholders get the information they need in a manner they can understand and apply to improve their lives. He has worked at Texas A&M and Purdue University to develop educational programs. He also served a mission in Mexico for two years and is fully fluent in Spanish. His master’s is in entomology with an emphasis in outreach education. In his free time Jason enjoys improvisational comedy, couponing, tabletop role playing games and updating his YouTube channel, "The Insect Hunter."
- Academic Excellence Fellowship, College of Agriculture and Life Sciences, Texas A&M University, August 2015-2016
- John A Jackman Endowed Scholarship, Texas A&M University, June 2016
- Academic Scholarship, Brigham Young University Idaho, April 2011-2014
- Eagle Scout Award, Boy Scouts of America, September 2007