Siew Guan Lee
Siew Guan Lee
Extension Educator — Family and Consumer Sciences
Twin Falls County
University of Idaho Extension, Twin Falls County
630 Addison Ave W, Suite 1600
Twin Falls, ID 83301
Siew Guan Lee is a registered dietitian nutritionist (RDN). Her programming areas include health, nutrition, food safety and 4-H youth development.
M.S., University of Idaho, 2017
B.S., University of Idaho, 2013
- Health and nutrition
- Food security and access
- Diabetes education and management
- Food safety
- West, A., S. G. Lee, C. Jacobia, and C. Jayo. 2023. Tool kit for establishing an indoor container garden program. BUL 1044.
- A. Roe, A. Agenbroad, J. Elvira, S. Johnson, J. Peutz, S. G. Lee, K. Hansen, and H. Whitehead. Market fresh in a snap! BUL 1025.
- Jensen, K., M. Toomey, S. Johnson, J. Buck, L. Blanch, K. Tifft, and S.G. Lee. 2022. Five for Five: Five minutes to better health. University of Idaho Extension. ECS 018.
- Lee, S.G., G. Manker, N. Ghimire, L. Foist, and J. Buck. 2021. School pantry cook-off: An approach to educate youth on food insecurity. Journal of Extension, 59(4), Article 9. https://doi.org/10.34068/joe.59.04.09
- Roe, A., B. Morrisroe-Aman, L. Foist, S.G. Lee, S. Johnson, J. Peutz, and K. Hansen. 2021. Long Live Idaho!: Lessons learned from a Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program Education social marketing campaign. Journal of National Extension Association of Family and Consumer Sciences, 16, p. 110-115. https://neafcs.memberclicks.net/assets/documents/journal/2021-jneafcs/2021-JNEAFCS-Final-Web.pdf
- Lee, S.G., S. Ettesvold, and C. Jayo. 2020. Slow cooking from start to finish. University of Idaho Extension. PNW 735.
- Healthy meals for busy families reduced spending at the drive thru
- EXCITE team integrates farm safety and immunization education, access to vaccines
- EXCITE program establishes innovative model for mobile vaccine clinics
- UI Extension collaborative on immunization teaching and engagement
- Twin Falls community gardens increase access to healthy foods and provide education
- Virtual cooking club brings youth and families together in their home kitchens
Siew Guan Lee is a family and consumer sciences Extension educator located in Twin Falls County. She is a registered dietitian nutritionist (RDN) and her focus is primarily on health and nutrition programming. Siew currently administers the Eat Smart Idaho program in the Magic Valley area, serving six counties. This program teaches limited resource Idahoans nutrition and consumer skills to increase their self-sufficiency for healthier lives. Siew received a bachelor’s degree in family and consumer sciences, food and nutrition from University of Idaho and a master’s degree from University of Idaho in family and consumer sciences.