Extension Educator — Family and Consumer Sciences
University of Idaho Extension, Jerome County
600 2nd Ave W
Jerome, ID 83338
Gretchen is a registered dietitian nutritionist (RDN). Her program areas include health and nutrition, food safety, food preservation and 4-H youth development.
M.S., University of New Mexico, 1993
B.S., University of Wyoming, 1988
- Health and nutrition
- Diabetes education
- Food safety and food preservation
- Juntos 4-H
- Cooking 101
- Lee, S.G., G. Manker, N. Ghimire, L. Foist, and J. Buck. 2021. School pantry cook-off: An approach to educate youth on food insecurity. The Journal of Extension, 59(4), Article 9. https://doi.org/10.34068/joe.59.04.09. (1, 3,5,6).
- Manker G. and Eduardo Reyes, Presenter. “Episode 24: Juntos National Roadtrip (Part III)” Connect Extension Podcast Episodes, 2021 Aug 19. https://soundcloud.com/user- 735659541/episode-24-juntos-nationalroadtrippart-iii.
Gretchen is a family and consumer sciences Extension educator located in Jerome County. She is a registered dietitian nutritionist (RDN) and her focus is on health and nutrition programming. Gretchen is the Juntos program manager in Jerome County. The Juntos program helps Latino families, and their students work together in reaching high school graduation and pursuing post-secondary education.
- Lee, S.G., G. Manker, J. Buck, N. Ghimire. 2022. Innovative Youth Development Programming Award, National Extension Association of Family and Consumer Sciences Annual Session, First Place
- Lee, S.G., G. Manker, J. Buck, N. Ghimire. 2022. Innovative Youth Development Programming Award, National Extension Association of Family and Consumer Sciences Annual Session, Third Place National Winner, 2022. Regional Winner, 2022
- Knutz, M., Murieta, D., G. Manker, T. Miller, P. Lewis, and B. Wall. Diversity & Inclusion: Expanding the 4-H Audience Award, National Association of Extension 4-H Youth Development Professionals, First Place State Winner, 2022
- Curriculum vitae pdf