K. Scott Jensen
K. Scott Jensen
Extension Educator, County Chair
UI Extension, Owyhee County
PO Box 400
Marsing, ID 83639
Scott conducts applied research and extension programs in beef cattle, range and pasture management. He co-coordinates the Idaho Beef Quality Assurance program and conducts the longstanding Lost Rivers Grazing Academy. He provides BQA, AI, milker and calving schools in Spanish.
M.S., University of Idaho, 2000
B.S., Brigham Young University, 1989
- Rangeland Monitoring/Management
- Irrigated Pasture Management
- Beef Cattle Management
- Beef Quality Assurance
- Lewin, P.A., J.D. Wulfhorst, N.R. Rimbey, K.S. Jensen. Implications of declining grazing permits on public land: An integrated social and economic impact analysis. Western Economics Forum Journal. 2019 Vol. 17:1 pp 86-97.
- Sprinkle, J.E., S.D. Baker, J.A. Church, J.R. Findlay, S.M. Graf, K.S Jensen, S.K. Williams, C.M. Willmore, J.B. Lamb, D.W. Hansen. Case Study: Regional assessment of mineral status in Idaho Forage and range grasses. Prof. Anim. Sci. 2018 34:494-504.
- Tejeda, H., J.B. Glaze, K.S. Jensen. 2019. Determine How Idaho Beef Cattle Producers Value Bull Selection Characteristics. Western Agricultural Economics Forum.
- Jensen, S., N. Rimbey, B. Eborn. 2018 Costs and Returns Estimate Cow-Calf Budget: 500-head Southwestern Idaho — Marsing/Murphy Area, Owyhee County, Summer on Federal, State, & Private Range, Winter on Harvested Feeds & Crop Aftermath. University of Idaho Extension. EBB-CC3-18.
- Jensen, S., N. Rimbey, B. Eborn. 2018 Costs and Returns Estimate Cow-Calf Budget: 500-head Southwestern Idaho — Bruneau/Three Creek Area, Owyhee County, Summer on Federal, State, & Private Range, Winter on Federal Range. University of Idaho Extension. EBB-CC7-18.
- Jensen, S., N. Rimbey, B. Eborn. 2018 Costs and Returns Estimate Cow-Calf Budget: 300-head Southwestern Idaho — Jordan Valley Area, Owyhee County, Summer on Federal, State, & Private Range, Winter on Harvested Feeds & Crop Aftermath. University of Idaho Extension. EBB-CC5-18.
- Jensen, K.S. 2018. BQA — Proper Euthanasia. University of Idaho Bulletin 929.
- Wulfhorst, J.D., N. Rimbey, K.S. Jensen, P. Lewin. 2016. Social and Community Assessment of Owyhee County. AEE Series No. 16-01.
Scott was born and raised in southern Idaho. He earned a B.S. degree in animal science in 1989. He then spent 4 years in Texas as assistant manager of a purebred Charolais ranch. He returned to Idaho where he earned an M.S. degree in ag education while teaching agricultural science in the Nampa school district. Scott began employment with the University of Idaho Cooperative Extension Service in 2000 in the Canyon County office. He transferred to the Owyhee County Extension office in 2004. He conducts applied research and extension programs in beef cattle management, range and pasture management, artificial insemination and beef quality assurance.
- Jensen, K.S. University of Idaho Extension Excellence in Extension Award. 2019.
- Jensen, K.S. University of Idaho Excellence in Outreach and Engagement Award. 2019.
- Jensen, K.S., C. Schachtschneider. First Place Applied Research Poster. Targeted Grazing Applied to Reduce Wildfire Spread in Sagebrush Steppe Ecosystems. NACAA AM/PIC. Little Rock, AR. 2016.
- Jensen, K.S. NACAA Distinguished Service Award. 2016.