Extension Educator, Health & Fitness/Nutrition
Courthouse, Room 3
University of Idaho Extension, Idaho County
320 W. Main
Grangeville, ID 83530
Kirstin emphasis is family and consumer sciences. She offers programming in health, nutrition and fitness to all community members, schools and businesses.
Doctoral candidate, University of Idaho
M.A., Pacific Lutheran University, 1999
B.S., Pacific Lutheran University, 1994
- Providing leadership and educational programming for all ages in the areas of health, nutrition, healthy lifestyles and fitness.
- Dietary Guidelines for Americans 2015-2020
- Physical Activity & Fitness
- You Are What You Eat: Healthy Meal Planning
- Using Facebook & Twitter to Market Your Programs, Workshops and Events
- Fitness at Your Level
- Kick Your Bootcamp, Kids Klub Outdoor Fitness
- Metabolism & Me
- Taking Control of Your Cholesterol — The Good, The Bad and The Ugly
- Healthy Nutrition for Athletes
- Searching for Athletic Scholarships
- Jensen, K.D., Tifft, K., Winfield, T., Gunter, K., Goc Karp, G., & John, D.H. (October 2019). Engaging Residents in Participatory Photomapping and Readiness Conversation to Address the Rural Obesogenic Context. Journal of Extension [Online], 57(5), 5FEA1. Available at: https://joe.org/joe/2019october/a1.php
- Jensen, K., Tifft, K., Winfield, T., Gunter, K., John, D., and Goc Karp, G. (2017). Mapping attributes using participatory photography: Exploring healthy active living in rural Idaho. Journal of Extension.
Kirstin Jensen currently serves as the family and consumer sciences Extension educator in Idaho County. Her primary responsibility is to provide extension and outreach from the University of Idaho to Idaho County residents and other northern district counties when requested. Kirstin works to provide leadership and educational programming for all ages in the areas of health, nutrition, healthy lifestyles and fitness. In addition, Kirstin is the Extension resource contact for fitness and healthy lifestyle questions, consultations, workshops and train-the-trainer instruction in the state of Idaho.
Kirstin’s educational background includes a bachelor of science in physical education from Pacific Lutheran University and a master's in education from Pacific Lutheran University. She is currently working on completing her doctorate in education with a focus on healthy active lifestyles from the University of Idaho. Kirstin is married, has one child and lives on a horse ranch in north central Idaho.
- Tifft, K. & Jensen, K. National Association of Community Development Extension Professionals, National & Western Regional Winners – Educational Technology: Team — Engaging Residents in Participatory Photomapping, 2020
- Jensen, K. Joint Council of Extension Professionals, Professional Improvement Scholarship, 2019, 2017, 2016, 2015, 2014, 2013, 2011
- Jensen, K. Mildred Haberly Extension Professional Endowment, School of Family and Consumer Sciences, 2019, 2018, 2017, 2016, 2015, 2011
- Tifft, K., Jensen, K., & Mayes, I. University of Idaho, CALS Innovation Project Award, Healthy Troy, 2018-2019
- Jensen, K., & Tifft, K. National Extension Association of Family and Consumer Sciences, 2nd Place Western Region Winner — Family Health and Wellness Award, 2018