Director of UI Extension 4-H Youth Development
University of Idaho Boise
Idaho Water Center
322 E. Front Street
Boise, ID 83702
Angie Freel, Ph.D., has worked in Cooperative Extension for 27 years and is enjoying her role as the 4-H director at the University of Idaho.
EdD, University of Arkansas, 2020
MS, University of Arkansas, 2004
BS, University of Central Arkansas, 1996
- Employee onboarding
- Leadership initiatives
- Organizational fit
- Mentorship in the Extension system
Angie Freel has worked in the Cooperative Extension system for 27 years in various roles. She began her career in 1996 at the University of Arkansas Division of Agriculture Cooperative Extension Service 4-H youth development office as a support staff member, has served as a 4-H agent and a family & consumer sciences agent, a state 4-H specialist in both STEM and civic engagement, and as an associate 4-H department head for Arkansas 4-H Youth Development. In 2023, she began working as the 4-H director at the University of Idaho.
Freel obtained a doctoral degree in human resources and workforce development and a master’s degree in human development and family studies from the University of Arkansas at Fayetteville. Her undergraduate degree in family and consumer sciences is from the University of Central Arkansas.
Angie and her husband Monty have three children, Ellis, Grayson and Brodie and enjoy home improvement projects, hunting, fishing and the great outdoors.
Angie is devoted to the 4-H youth development program and is a believer that teaching youth leadership and civic engagement skills through 4-H programming at the local, state and national levels changes the lives of youth and adult and introduces opportunities they never thought imaginable.
- Specialist of the Year – Arkansas Association of 4-H Agents
- Issue Team Award – Soybean Science Challenge
- Lynn Russell Professional Development Endowment Award
- Extension Team Excellence Award – Citizenship Initiative
- Best Newsletter Award – National Association of Extension 4-H Agents - 2014
- Meritorious Service Award – National Association of Extension 4-H Agents - 2013
- 4-H Agent of the Year –by Arkansas 4-H Volunteer Leader’s Association - 2006 & 2012
- Extension Excellence Team Issue Award
- Newspaper Story Award – AAE4-HA - 2009 Employee of the Quarter
- Distinguished Service Award – National 4-H Agent Association
- Communications Award: TV Program, Arkansas Association of Extension 4-H Agents
- Communications Award: Television Feature, by National Association of Family & Consumer Science Agents (NAEFCS) – Second place Southern Region Award
- NAE4-HA - Promotional Team Package
- Achievement in Service Award, by Arkansas Association of Extension 4-H Agents